Who We Are
On March 3, 1966 Bonham VA Center Federal Credit Union was started with 9 members.
Less than two years after organizing, Bonham VA Center FCU added all federal employees in Fannin county to their field of membership and changed the name to BVAC Federal Credit Union. In 1991 members of the National Association of Retired Federal Employees chapter 1345 and retirees and pensioners from the member groups were added to the field of membership. Between 1993 and 2001 several other groups were added to the field of membership.
In 1995 Bonham Cable Federal Credit Union merged into BVAC Federal Credit Union.
On December 20, 2001 we changed to a community charter. After a brief period as Fannin Community Federal Credit Union, our name was changed in March of 2004 to Fannin Federal Credit Union.